Allison Janney on Showing Her Badass Side in Lou

Forum 1 year ago

Allison Janney on Showing Her Badass Side in Lou

During an interview with ComingSoon talking about Lou, which is now streaming on Netflix, Allison Janney delved into what it was like to show off her badass side.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/894ccb191632e67499716b128fa09f46.jpg

When asked about how she reacted to the action-oriented pitch for Lou, Janney described why action appeals to her.

“I grew up with two brothers, so I wanted to show what I put them through,” she joked. “I was pretty physical growing up and very athletic. I was looking for a movie like this. I didn’t think I’d be lucky enough, at my age, to find a role like this. When it came, I had to pinch myself a little bit, because I thought, ‘this is exactly what I’ve been wanting, what I’ve been thinking about. Am I really going to do it? Can I do it?’ And then I said, yes. And then I was terrified that, ‘oh my God, I’ve got to really do it.'”

Janney then discussed working with co-star Jurnee Smollett, who she describes as a badass herself.

“And then I’m so glad that I got partnered with Jurnee because she is such a badass and such a gift to me to do this movie with because she threw herself into everything with me. She was not shy about any of the elements we had to battle and any of the character development we had to discover together, it was just a great experience. I’m so lucky. So it’s a dream job that I got to do.”

Lou stars Allison Janney and Emmy Award nominee Jurnee Smollett alongside Logan Marshall-Green and Ridley Asha Bateman. Anna Foerster directed the film from a screenplay by Maggie Cohn and Jack Stanley, with Bad Robot’s JJ Abrams, Hannah Minghella, and Jon Cohen set to produce. The film debuted on Netflix on September 23.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
A Simple Favor 2 Cast Adds Allison Janney and 6 More
Forum | 3 weeks ago

A Simple Favor 2 Cast Adds Allison Janney and 6 More

‘They’re not showing £100m-player qualities’ – Souness calls out three Chelsea stars
Forum | 3 weeks ago

‘They’re not showing £100m-player qualities’ – Souness calls out three Chelsea stars

EPL: They’re showing it consistently – Rio Ferdinand tells Mainoo to learn from England duo
Forum | 2 months ago

EPL: They’re showing it consistently – Rio Ferdinand tells Mainoo to learn from England duo

The Diplomat Season 2 Gets First Look, Adds Allison Janney to Cast
Forum | 2 months ago

The Diplomat Season 2 Gets First Look, Adds Allison Janney to Cast