Harry Kane says England should be proud of Germany draw

Forum 1 year ago

Harry Kane says England should be proud of Germany draw

England captain Harry Kane said his side should be proud of their 3-3 draw with Germany on Monday night.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/af37ce834e8ba0cdfc1aea98fe211efc.jpg

The Three Lions were 2-0 down by the midway part of the second half as Ilkay Gundogan netted a penalty and Kai Havertz struck home brilliantly from distance.

However, Luke Shaw soon got England back into the game before Mason Mount equalised after great work from Bukayo Saka.

Kane looked to have given his side all three points when he converted a penalty, but Nick Pope spilt a cross just four minutes later to allow Havertz to grab both his second and a point for Germany.

"I am proud of the boys and now we have a busy six weeks or so before we get ready for the World Cup," Kane said.

"It was a lot better. I thought we played really well, we were unfortunate to go 2-0 behind, it was a mistake and then a great goal from the edge of the box.

"We did really well to stay in the game, to get back into it, get into the lead and then unfortunately another error. The mentality and fight of the team were out there. We didn't get the win but we can be proud of what we did and it puts us in a good place ahead of the World Cup."

England have been relegated to League B and their players now face a gruelling schedule in October before the World Cup kicks off a month later.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants Director Says ‘There Will Be Nudity’ in Animated Movie

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing
Forum | 2 days ago

Fear Women - Nigerian Man Says As he Declares Girlfriend Wanted For Stealing

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth

BREAKING: No Feud On Olubadan Stool, Says Makinde
Forum | 1 week ago

BREAKING: No Feud On Olubadan Stool, Says Makinde