Joshua Kimmich claims England 'didn't want to play' against Germany

Forum 1 year ago

Joshua Kimmich claims England 'didn't want to play' against Germany

Germany's Joshua Kimmich has expressed his frustration with the tactics employed by England during their 3-3 draw on Monday, claiming Gareth Southgate's side 'didn't want to play'.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/334a081ea6695f2b41448bbbe55d32f2.jpg

After a tight first half at Wembley, Germany found themselves 2-0 up following Ilkay Gundogan's penalty and a stunner from Kai Havertz, only for England to turn the game on its head with three goals in 12 minutes.

And while Havertz capitalised on a mistake by England goalkeeper Nick Pope to snatch a late equaliser, midfielder Kimmich was far from impressed by the Three Lions' tactical setup during the match and his own side's inability to hang onto their lead.

Speaking after the game, the 27-year-old said: "We had the game under control and were 2-0 up.

"After the 2-0 we become too passive and weren't brave enough against the ball.

"England just played on the counter-attack. It's actually inexplicable because England didn't really want to play.

"That shouldn't happen in the second half, because we completely gave the game away."

The match served as the final chapter in a dismal Nations League campaign for England, which saw them relegated from League A. Both England and Germany will now look ahead to November's FIFA World Cup.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
NEC Meeting: Nigerians Want PDP to Rescue Them From APC – BoT Chair, Wabara
Forum | 16 hours ago

Forum | 1 day ago

El-Rufai, Marketers Subsidy Payment Claims Wrong – FG, NNPC
Forum | 1 day ago

El-Rufai, Marketers Subsidy Payment Claims Wrong – FG, NNPC