‘So Help Me Todd’ On CBS Ranks As Best Series Premiere So Far This Season

Forum 1 year ago

‘So Help Me Todd’ On CBS Ranks As Best Series Premiere So Far This Season

It was a good night for the premiere of CBS’ Thursday night lineup. Young Sheldon was not only broadcast primetime’s most-watched show last night with 6.61 million viewers, the sophomore-season premiere of Ghosts won its half hour (6.15 million) and jumped 11% over last year’s premiere on October. 7, 2021 (5.5 million), according to Nielsen Live+Same Day ratings.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3bdee801c9ab15e9568185b5cd67c914.jpg

The strong performance by the comedies gave So Help Me Todd — a new drama starring Marcia Gay Harden and Skylar Astin — a huge boost in its first outing. The series from Scott Prendergast about a private investigator who agrees to work for his attorney mom finished first in its time period with 4.69 million viewers, making it the best series premiere on any network so far this season.

Too bad all those viewers didn’t stick around to see the return of Marg Helgenberger to the world of gruesome murders and yellow tape; CSI: Vegas only reached 3.09 million viewers. Still, CBS won the night in eyeballs with 4.72 million.

CBS also made some gains in live streaming. Young Sheldon was up 8% on Paramount+ and the CBS.com/CBS app, while Ghosts grew 33% versus a year ago. So Help Me Todd was also up 53% versus Bull last year.

More to come…

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’
Forum | 1 hour ago

Zendaya on Status of Euphoria Season 3: ‘It’s Beyond Me’

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy
Forum | 1 hour ago

Acapulco Season 3 Trailer Previews Return of Apple TV+ Comedy

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 6 hours ago