DC’s Stargirl to End With Season 3, Creator Issues Statement

Forum 1 year ago

DC’s Stargirl to End With Season 3, Creator Issues Statement

The CW has announced that Geoff Johns’s teen superhero series, DC’s Stargirl, will officially be concluding its run after its third season wraps up this December. This cancellation comes after the network was acquired by new management in the form of Nexstar Media Group.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bfadc3c166256f824aaf134791757a45.jpg

“Stargirl has always held a special place in my heart for many reasons. With all the brewing changes at the network, we were aware this was possibly the last season, so we wrote with that in mind and have delivered what I believe to be the best season of Stargirl yet, with complete creative closure,” Johns said in a statement (via Deadline). “The cast and crew are extraordinary, and I’d like to thank them for helping me bring this series to life. Brec embodied Courtney in every way possible — with grace, strength, and humor — exceeding my wildest expectations. I am grateful to WBTV and The CW for giving us a home to tell this story and to honor my beloved late sister, and I’m beyond thankful to the press and fans who have always championed us for three amazing seasons. Most series never get this far. We couldn’t be more proud of our show and the fan community it’s built!”

In addition, titular star Brec Bassinger also released a statement regarding the series’ conclusion. She expresses her gratitude for having the chance to play the character by thanking Johns, the cast, the crew, and fans of the show.

“Getting to play Stargirl and be a part of the DC Universe has been the greatest honor, and I am so grateful for every moment of it,” Bassinger said. “I would like to thank our fearless leader Geoff Johns, along with WBTV, The CW, the cast and crew of Stargirl, and of course, the fans. Thank you. This show will forever live in my heart.”

Stargirl stars Brec Bassinger, Yvette Monreal, Cameron Gellman, Amy Smart, Trae Romano, Anjelika Washington, Luke Wilson, Meg DeLacy, and Joel McHale. Season 2 featured Ysa Penarejo, Alkoya Brunson, Nick Tarabay, Jonathan Cake, and Jim Gaffigan, along with John Wesley Shipp’s Arrowverse role as Jay Garrick.

The series follows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore (Brec Bassinger) and her stepfather Pat Dugan (Luke Wilson) as she leads an unlikely group of young heroes to take on the legacy of DC’s very first superhero team, the Justice Society of America.

Stargirl is created by character creator Geoff Johns, who is also producing through his Mad Ghost Productions banner alongside Greg Berlanti and Berlanti Productions. The first season debuted on DC Universe but was then granted a second season renewal at The CW.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2
Forum | 2 days ago

Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2

Hacks Season 3 Trailer Sees Deborah & Ava Reuniting
Forum | 2 days ago

Hacks Season 3 Trailer Sees Deborah & Ava Reuniting

Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done
Forum | 2 days ago

Andor Creator Thinks Season 2 Might Be Some of the Most ‘Important’ Work He’s Ever Done

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Velma Season 2 Trailer Previews Return of Mindy Kaling’s Animated Scooby-Doo Series