Sylvester Stallone Gives Updates on Rocky & Rambo Prequel Series

Forum 1 year ago

Sylvester Stallone Gives Updates on Rocky & Rambo Prequel Series

Sylvester Stallone has been at the center of rumors surrounding prequel series for the Rocky and Rambo franchises. In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, the legendary actor opened up about these possibilities.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/a9e3e3ef171452c47fc2d9ce705390c9.jpg

Stallone was asked about the long-rumored prequel series to Rambo and said that he thinks the series will happen, albeit not in the way that he originally planned. Instead of a “Ken Burns” style prequel that focuses on a younger Rambo, Stallone instead says the series might show an older Rambo passing the torch to someone else.

“I think it’s going to happen,” Stallone said on the Rambo project. “I wanted to do it like a Ken Burns documentary on Vietnam, where you drop young Rambo in there and he’s this outgoing guy, football captain, and then you see why he becomes Rambo. But what they want to do is a modern-day story where I pass the torch. That’s getting close.”

Likewise with Rocky, Stallone also said that he believes a prequel series could be coming now that Amazon has gotten involved in the franchise. Stallone described the project as “pretty close,” but also questioned whether it could work, likening a Rocky prequel to something like Son of Kong or Son of Tarzan.

“It may happen again because now Amazon’s involved,” said Stallone. “It’s pretty close. There’s a side of me that goes: Is this really going to work? Every time you try to do Son of Kong, Son of Tarzan, it doesn’t work. There’s a certain indescribable formula that happens. If I gave you the novel The Godfather, good luck on casting that today. Good luck selling that whole premise today.”

Stallone has had ideas for prequel series to both of his iconic franchises for some time, both of which centered around exploring the story of a younger version of the characters of Rocky and Rambo. While it seems that the ideas Stallone had may not materialize on the screen, it does appear as though the two hit series will be continuing in some way in the near future.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central
Forum | 1 day ago

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

Margaret Qualley Exits Amanda Knox Limited Series at Hulu
Forum | 2 days ago

Margaret Qualley Exits Amanda Knox Limited Series at Hulu