Simu Liu Teases Shang-Chi's Involvement in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty

Forum 1 year ago

Simu Liu Teases Shang-Chi's Involvement in Avengers: The Kang Dynasty

Not too much is known about the highly anticipated upcoming Avengers: The Kang Dynasty. However, in a recent interview, MCU star Simu Liu did drop some hints on what fans can expect in the film.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/601c46eceac99bcb741c5d2defe2cfa1.jpg

Speaking to ComicBook during a recent appearance at the BoxLunch Holiday Gala benefitting Feeding America, Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings star Simu Liu was asked about director Destin Daniel Cretton, who not only directed Shang-Chi, but is also working on the sequel to the film, and was also confirmed to be the director for The Kang Dynasty. Liu praised his friend for geting the job and then teased his own potential appearance in the movie.

“It feels incredible. I obviously learned about the news a little bit before the rest of the world did, but I freaked out,” Liu said. “I sent him like forty texts in a row, all exclamation marks. I’m just so incredibly happy for him, he’s so deserving of that spot. What makes him such a special filmmaker, and I’ve said this from the beginning even when we were premiering our movie, is his ability to make a $150 million movie really, really small, in the best possible way. I’m really looking forward to what he does on that even grander scale of The Avengers because I think it’s easy to maybe get lost in the spectacle of what those movies can be, the vastness and the grandness of it, but if you can maintain the humanity and the human stories, I think that’s what will make a movie memorable and special, and I think Destin’s got it. I think he’s got it and I think he deserves this so much. I’m so excited to get to work for him again.”

Regarding that last sentence, Liu was then asked if he could confirm his involvement in the film. While he couldn’t, Liu said that he “would think” that he’d be involved in it. “I would think so…I would hope so. Don’t take my word for it.”

Avengers: The Kang Dynasty will be directed by Cretton, who’s also currently working with Marvel Studios on its live-action series adaptation of Wonder Man. The film is currently scheduled to make its debut in theaters on May 2, 2025, it will then shortly be followed by Avengers: Secret Wars on May 1, 2026.

During the Disney+ series Loki‘s season finale, Kang (played by Jonathan Majors) was revealed, setting the stage for who many fans believed to be the next “big bad” in the MCU, Kang the Conqueror, to appear. The name Kang Dynasty also likely refers to a 16-part comic series from Marvel that saw Kang and his son, Marcus, planning to conquer planet Earth.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’
Forum | 2 days ago

Moana 2: Dwayne Johnson Shares BTS Images, Teases ‘New Journeys’

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

The Exorcism Trailer Teases Terrifying Russell Crowe Horror Movie