Freaky Friday 2: Lindsay Lohan Spoke to Jamie Lee Curtis About Sequel

Forum 1 year ago

Freaky Friday 2: Lindsay Lohan Spoke to Jamie Lee Curtis About Sequel

One of Lindsay Lohan’s most memorable roles was in the 2003 film Freaky Friday. During a recent appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, Lohan said that she has spoken about doing a sequel.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bb044b77ab32c7a05f126476fbf9f312.jpg

In her latest interview with the late night host, Lohan revealed that she and Jamie Lee Curtis — who co-starred in the 2003 film — had spoken about a potential sequel and that they both would be into the idea of getting together once again.

“We did speak about it, yeah,” Lohan said. “Let’s just take the fact that I was on set filming at the time, and Jamie Lee Curtis writes, and you just get excited and distracted immediately, so I had to bring myself down to Earth and be like, ‘I’m on set, I have to focus.’ Then she said Freaky Friday 2, and I got more excited.”

These comments come following recent remarks from Curtis, who appeared on The View last month and confirmed that she had written to Disney about the possibility of making a sequel, with the idea being that she is an old grandma who switches places.

“Let me be the grandma! Let me be the old grandma who switches places,” said Curtis at the time. “So then Lindsay gets to be the sexy grandma, who is still happy with Mark Harmon in all the ways you would be happy with Mark Harmon… And simply, I would like to see Lindsay be the hot grandma, and I would like to see me try to deal with toddlers today. I wanna be a helicopter parent in today’s world, as an old lady.”

It has been nearly 20 years since Freaky Friday made its theatrical release in 2003. In addition to receiving positive reviews, the film was also a box office success, with a worldwide gross of more than $160 million against a reported budget of $26 million.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

The Wedding Banquet: Lily Gladstone, Bowen Yang Cast in Remake of Ang Lee Movie

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 2 days ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie

Nkechi Blessing, Yhemo Lee React to Justin Deans Allegations Against Wife, Drags Korra Obidi
Forum | 1 week ago

Nkechi Blessing, Yhemo Lee React to Justin Deans Allegations Against Wife, Drags Korra Obidi