Arsenal star reveals positive injury return date

Forum 1 year ago

Arsenal star reveals positive injury return date

Arsenal winger Emile Smith Rowe has opened up on his injury setback and revealed he could return for the Gunners after the World Cup break.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/22f8b4f00b74f870a7ba3ae85d917264.jpg

Smith Rowe has missed the bulk of the 2022/23 season thus far, having been ruled out with a groin issue in September.

Surgery was ultimately required to fix a damaged tendon in the muscle, but he provided a positive prognosis on his comeback while attending the Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

"Hopefully [I’ll be back] by the first game after the World Cup," he explained to Sky Sports: "I’m actually out here doing rehab, today was my day off, I’m back training tomorrow. I’m back on the pitch, it’s going well."

The 22-year-old has had to watch from the wayside as his Arsenal teammates have tremendously fought their way to the top of the Premier League table in the first half of the season, scoring victories over Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool in the process.

Smith Rowe could be back in time for the Gunners' return to action on Boxing Day, when they host West Ham as they look to retain top spot heading into 2023.

He's managed just four Premier League appearances so far this season, but would be a welcome boost upon his return with questions still being asked of Arsenal's depth as they continue their unexpected title charge.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling
Forum | 12 hours ago

Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher
Forum | 15 hours ago

Founders Day Digital Release Date Confirmed for Political Slasher

Rumor: Avengers 5’s Release Date Might Not Be Delayed
Forum | 15 hours ago

Rumor: Avengers 5’s Release Date Might Not Be Delayed

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello
Forum | 18 hours ago

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello