Roberto De Zerbi responds to Juventus links

Forum 1 year ago

Roberto De Zerbi responds to Juventus links

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Roberto De Zerbi has offered his perspective on being linked with the Juventus job earlier this season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f1bd640054e962545a76bd4c75034400.jpg

The Bianconeri have stuttered throughout the current campaign, crashing out of the Champions League at the group stage and only recently reaching the top four of Serie A after a poor start.

Much of the blame has been directed at Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri, who returned for a second spell at the club last year.

De Zerbi, who previously managed Sassuolo in Serie A and won plaudits for his work with the club, was one of many names linked with the Juventus job in the event that the club decided to part company with Allegri.

However, the 43-year-old was Brighton's first choice to replace the Chelsea-bound Graham Potter, signing a four-year contract with the South Coast club.

“Juventus is one of the most important clubs in Italy," De Zerbi told Tuttojuve. "But it doesn’t seem right to me to talk about another club at the moment. Among other things, there is also a coach (Allegri) on the bench with whom I have a very good relationship.

“I always say that in this type of situation it takes two to want it, then in general, before accepting an assignment, I need to feel followed by the team.”

After a slow start to life under De Zerbi, Brighton have begun to pick up wins under their new manager and currently sit seventh in the Premier League.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien
Forum | 7 hours ago

Baby Reindeer’s Richard Gadd Responds to Viewers Looking for Real-Life Martha and Darrien

Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna
Forum | 4 days ago

Don Jazzy Reacts as Ayra Starr Links up With Rihanna

Sydney Sweeney Responds to Producer Who Said She ‘Can’t Act’ & ‘Isn’t Pretty’
Forum | 6 days ago

Sydney Sweeney Responds to Producer Who Said She ‘Can’t Act’ & ‘Isn’t Pretty’

Transfer: Juventus line up move for Wilfred Ndidi
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Juventus line up move for Wilfred Ndidi