Houses, Shops, Cars Others Burnt As Tank Explosion Rocks Edo

Forum 1 year ago

Houses, Shops, Cars Others Burnt As Tank Explosion Rocks Edo

As many as five houses, four shops and two cars have been destroyed in a fire.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/41e715a353abeb29a63eb18b4c41ecd0.jpeg

They were burnt following a fire ignited by spilled automotive gas oil from a tanker involved in an accident in Edo state.

It was gathered that the accident happened over the weekend along Benin-Akure Road by Owan Bridge, Sobe Town in Owan West Local Government Of Edo state.

Daily Trust learnt that the tanker conveying Automotive Gas Oil was coming from Benin City heading towards the Northern States along Benin/ Akure Road by Owan Bridge when he lost control of the vehicle, went off the road, spilled its contents and ignited a fire.

It was gathered that two cars, one motorcycle, five houses and four kiosks located on the expressway were destroyed by the fire.

The Edo state police commissioner, Muhammed Dankwara who confirmed the accident said no life was lost in the incident.

Dankwara, who was at the scene to access the level of damages, commended the Okomu oil firefighters for extinguishing the fire. He said five houses, four kiosks, two vehicles and a motorcycle were destroyed in the fire.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says
Forum | 19 hours ago

How My 15-Month-Old Baby Was Burnt To Death — Bereaved Mother Says

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update
Forum | 2 days ago

How AC Explosion Caused The inferno At University Of Ilorin Teaching Hospital – Fire Service Gives Update

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police
Forum | 3 days ago

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool
Forum | 3 days ago

Abia Govt Vows Justice As Protest Rocks Umuahia Over Navy Cadet’s Death In Swimming Pool