James Gunn Reveals Why Nova Wasn't in Guardians of the Galaxy

Forum 1 year ago

James Gunn Reveals Why Nova Wasn't in Guardians of the Galaxy

Although he’s a mainstay in the world of the Guardians of the Galaxy comics, the superhero Nova has never appeared in the MCU films’ roster. According to director James Gunn, the reason why is fairly simple.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1c1d7c2c6a2ee8c25852fb7da9874bf2.jpg

Speaking during a recent appearance on the Phase Zero podcast, Gunn explained that, while Nova is an iconic hero, he was much too big of a character to include in a film that was going for a much different look and feel. Plus, Gunn said he didn’t want to have too many humans in the film.

“He’s just too big of a character, and he seemed too … I didn’t want to … From the beginning, when I came on board Guardians, I didn’t want to have two human beings,” Gunn said. “I wanted to have one human being so that he could be surrounded in this world of aliens, and then we realized little by little that all of these characters are the only of their kind; they’re the only human being to them, you know?”

While Nova likely won’t be appearing in any of the future Guardians of the Galaxy projects, he will be showing up in the MCU at some point. Marvel Studios announced that a project named after the character is currently in development, so fans hoping to see the character arrive in the MCU likely won’t have to wait too long.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is once again written and directed by Gunn. It features the return of Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldaña, Dave Bautista, Sean Gunn, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Bradley Cooper, and Vin Diesel as they reprise their respective roles as Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Kraglin, Nebula, Mantis, Rocket, and Groot.

Joining them are MCU newcomers Will Poulter and Chukwudi Iwuji, with Poulter confirmed to be playing the role of Adam Warlock and Iwuji confirmed to be playing the High Evolutionary. Before the space-traveling team makes their return to the big screen, their Disney+ holiday special is set to debut on November 25, 2022.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 7 hours ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers
Forum | 2 days ago

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City