Trevoh Chalobah signs new long-term Chelsea contract

Forum 1 year ago

Trevoh Chalobah signs new long-term Chelsea contract

Chelsea have confirmed centre-back Trevoh Chalobah has signed a new contract at the club, committing his future to the Blues until 2028.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3746793a8be12e1265596ccd25ed22bc.jpg

The academy graduate enjoyed a breakthrough season last year under Thomas Tuchel and has been a key part of the Chelsea starting lineup this year.

Chalobah has started eight times in the Premier League, including the last seven games before the World Cup break, and his impressive form has been rewarded with a new deal which runs until 2028 and includes the option to extend for a further 12 months.

"I’m over the moon to sign this contract. It’s been an honour every time I put the shirt on. I want to give my all and do anything for this club," Chalobah said.

"As everyone knows I’ve been here from a young age and to continue here is every kid’s dream. Whenever I get the chance, I’ll give my all for the club and look for the future ahead.

"I want to say thanks to God for this, without Him none of this would be possible. And just always believing. Thanks to my family as well and the club for trusting in me. I’ll now continue to give my all."

Chelsea chairman Todd Boehly and co-controlling owner Behdad Eghbali added: "We’re delighted that Trevoh will be extending his stay with Chelsea. He has been with us since childhood and has grown into an exceptional young player.

"He’s an important part of our men’s first team squad and we’re excited to see what’s next for Trevoh at Chelsea."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
PDP To Elect New Chairman In August
Forum | 5 mins ago

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August

Spyro Emails Portable, Requests Collaboration On a New Song
Forum | 3 hours ago

Spyro Emails Portable, Requests Collaboration On a New Song

Civil War’s New ‘AI’ Movie Posters Spark Controversy
Forum | 8 hours ago

Civil War’s New ‘AI’ Movie Posters Spark Controversy