Luther Photos Unveil First Look at Idris Elba-Led Netflix Movie

Forum 1 year ago

Luther Photos Unveil First Look at Idris Elba-Led Netflix Movie

Netflix has dropped the first look Luther photos for the long-awaited film sequel to the Idris Elba-led British crime thriller series of the same name.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/aa10d0e3793845093099625a06f275c3.jpg

The two Luther photos both feature Elba providing us with our first look at his return as Detective Chief Inspector John Luther. Four years after the BBC One series ended its five-season run, the film is scheduled to make its debut in March 2023.

The Luther film will be directed by Emmy nominee Jamie Payne from a screenplay written by series creator Neil Cross. The project is described as an epic continuation of the Luther saga reimagined for film. Joining Elba are new cast members Cynthia Erivo, Andy Serkis, and Jess Liaudin, with Dermot Crowley also reprising his role as Martin Schenk.

It is produced by Cross, Elba, Peter Chernin, David Ready, and Jenno Topping. Executive producers are Kris Thykier, Priscilla Paris, Brendan Ferguson, Miki Emmrich, and Dan Finlay.

A Luther film has been in discussion for more than 10 years now, with co-creator Neil Cross talking about an adaptation as early as 2011. Following the series coming to a close, however, talks began to ramp up, with Netflix eventually announcing that a film would be made.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series
Forum | 15 hours ago

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats
Forum | 15 hours ago

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 1 day ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series
Forum | 2 days ago

A Man in Full Trailer & Poster Preview Jeff Daniels-Led Netflix Series