England fans booing Southgate a 'positive sign' for USMNT, says Christian Pulisic

Forum 1 year ago

England fans booing Southgate a 'positive sign' for USMNT, says Christian Pulisic

United States Men's National Team star Christian Pulisic believes England fans booing Gareth Southgate following Friday's 0-0 draw was an indicator of a strong American performance.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e46c97ee6b66934439ac2519f8d6f4d3.jpg

Despite heading in as clear underdogs, the USMNT played on the front foot for the majority of the clash at Al Bayt Stadium, eventually out-shooting the Three Lions 10-8.

It was a game in which both sides seemed intent on avoiding defeat in order to stay in control of their own destinies in Group B. However, at the final whistle, England supporters vented their frustration as boos rained down from the stands.

According to Pulisic, that was as clear a sign as any that the USMNT had proven themselves against one of the pre-tournament favorites.

"I guess that’s a positive sign when you play for the other team," Pulisic responded when asked about the response of the England fans.

"I thought it was a really good performance for us. I thought there were stretches of the game where we had control and we pushed them back in their half.

"Opposing fans don’t like to see that especially when we’re the quote, unquote, underdogs but I thought we went to toe to toe with them and put in a really good performance."

Friday's draw leaves the USMNT third in Group B, but they know a victory over Iran on Tuesday will be enough to lift them into the knockout rounds. England, meanwhile, are all but assured of reaching the last 16 and will be fully focused on returning to winning ways against Wales.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 4 hours ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’
Forum | 1 day ago

Ben Stiller Says He Was ‘Affected’ by Zoolander 2 Responses: ‘I Thought Everybody Wanted This’

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Grateful - Ini Edo Says As She Celebrates 42nd Birthday

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release
Forum | 2 days ago

Fans Overjoyed As Ayra Starr Hints At New Album Release