Rangers appoint Michael Beale as new manager

Forum 1 year ago

Rangers appoint Michael Beale as new manager

Rangers have confirmed the appointment of Michael Beale as the club's new manager, following Gio van Bronckhorst's sacking.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0357212b2d3b7faccc8c3ada8ce79255.jpg

The former QPR manager has signed a contract which runs until 2026 at Ibrox, returning to the Gers having previously worked as an assistant manager at the club under Steven Gerrard.

90min revealed on Sunday that Beale's appointment was imminent, and a club statement has confirmed his return to the club: "Michael Beale is the 18th manager of Rangers with the club delighted to confirm his appointment today.

"Signing a contract to 2026, the 42 year-old joins from his role as manager of Queens’ Park Rangers in West London having previously worked as first-team coach at Ibrox from 2018 to last November. It is an exciting appointment for the club, with Beale undoubtedly one of the most sought-after young managers in British football."

Speaking about his return to Rangers, Beale said: “It is fantastic to be back and to see everybody this morning, there are some new faces but some people that I know really well so it is great to see everyone.

"I am hugely proud, it is a wonderful, wonderful football club, it is an institution. For everyone that works here it is a huge privilege, but to be the manager of this football club, that is extremely special. Some wonderful people have sat in this chair prior to me, and I am hugely proud to be the person sat here now."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Shallipopi
Forum | 23 hours ago

Shallipopi's New Album, Shakespopi Claims 1st-9th Position On Apple Music

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5
Forum | 2 days ago

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 4 Ordered, Lower Decks Ending with Season 5

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Before 4: Ethan Hawke Would ‘Definitely’ Return If Richard Linklater Wrote New Sequel

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast
Forum | 2 days ago

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast