Wednesday Dethrones Stranger Things, Sets Netflix Viewership Record

Forum 1 year ago

Wednesday Dethrones Stranger Things, Sets Netflix Viewership Record

The newly released Netflix series Wednesday has set some massive records for the streamer, the company revealed on Tuesday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d0671eb45c643c373545e5102f612507.jpg

In a recent announcement on Twitter, Netflix confirmed that the Jenna Ortega-led series now holds the record for most hours viewed in a week for an English-language series on its platform, with a whopping 341.2 million hours streamed. The series is also #1 in 83 countries, which ties the record set by the highly anticipated Stranger Things Season 4.

Wednesday is an eight-episode series described as a coming-of-age comedy that will be a sleuthing, supernaturally-infused mystery. The live-action series will be led by Jenna Ortega (Yes Day) in her first major TV project as the titular lead, along with Catherine Zeta-Jones as Morticia Addams, Luis Guzmán as Gomez Addams, Victor Dorobantu as Thing, Isaac Ordonez as Pugsley Addams, and George Burcea as Lurch.

“The series will chart the titular heroine’s years as a student at the peculiar Nevermore Academy as she attempts to master her emerging psychic ability,” reads the synopsis, “While also thwarting a monstrous killing spree terrorizing the local town and solve the supernatural mystery that embroiled her parents 25 years ago — all while navigating her new and very tangled relationships of the strange and diverse student body.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 5 hours ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series
Forum | 13 hours ago

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 1 day ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 1 day ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel