Christian Pulisic confirms injury status ahead of crunch Netherlands clash

Forum 1 year ago

Christian Pulisic confirms injury status ahead of crunch Netherlands clash

Christian Pulisic has confirmed he'll be available for the United States Men's National Team's World Cup round-of-16 clash against the Netherlands on Saturday.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e42e33d182af297d288eae4b5bda4967.jpghttps://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e42e33d182af297d288eae4b5bda4967.jpg

Pulisic put his body on the line to score the only goal of the game as the USMNT beat Iran on Tuesday, climbing to second place in Group B on five points, two behind England.

The Chelsea forward suffered an injury in scoring the goal, colliding with Iranian goalkeeper Alireza Beiranvand. Pulisic was unable to continue and was replaced by Brenden Aaronson at half-time, with head coach Gregg Berhalter later revealing his star forward had been taken to hospital.

However, in what appears to be a leaked Snapchat message to his teammates, Pulisic vowed to return for Saturday's clash with the Netherlands.

“So f****** proud of my guys,” the caption read. “I’ll be ready Saturday, don’t worry.”

Speaking to reporters after the match, Berhalter declined to give an official update on Pulisic's status - later revealed as a pelvic contusion that will require 'day-to-day' monitoring - but did praise the 24-year-old's work ethic.

“No update on his status but I’ve been saying all along, it’s a wonderful thing when one of your best players is also one of your hardest working. He is certainly that. I can’t say enough positive things about Christian," he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut
Forum | 3 days ago

Late Night With The Devil Passes Box Office Milestone Ahead of Streaming Debut

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie
Forum | 3 days ago

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie

Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma
Forum | 4 days ago

Europa League: AC Milan legend wants Chukwueze to start crunch clash with Roma

Traditional Ruler
Forum | 4 days ago

Traditional Ruler's Son, Three Others Dead As Rival Groups Clash In Bauchi