Bournemouth opt against Nicolo Zaniolo deal despite agreeing personal terms

Forum 1 year ago

Bournemouth opt against Nicolo Zaniolo deal despite agreeing personal terms

Bournemouth decided against pursuing Nicolo Zaniolo on deadline day as they had already committed to bringing in Hamed Traore from Sassuolo instead, 90min understands.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/66f19b7dbf6d45e596e7a37e9ef9b308.jpg

Roma have been open to bids for Zaniolo this month and he had attracted significant interest from Tottenham Hotspur and Milan.

But the only club to have met Roma's demands so far were Bournemouth, who launched a shock €35m bid for Zaniolo last week.

The Italy international had some scepticism over a move to the Vitality Stadium. He initially declined a move, before a temporary change of heart saw him urge his representatives to listen to Bournemouth's full proposal, which Zaniolo ultimately rejected.

However, 90min understands that late in the January window, Zaniolo changed his stance once again and was willing to complete a move to Bournemouth on deadline day, only for the Cherries to pull out of the deal as they wanted to sign Traore from Sassuolo.

Bournemouth are also completing a deal to sign highly-rated Ukraine centre-back Illya Zabarnyi before the 11pm deadline.

Zaniolo now only has mere hours to try and secure a move away from Roma before the end of the transfer window.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike
Forum | 2 days ago

Drama As Angry UNIJOS Students Protest Against Poor Health Facilities On Campus Despite Tuition Fee Hike

17 Years After His Mysterious Death, Late Sani Abacha
Forum | 1 week ago

17 Years After His Mysterious Death, Late Sani Abacha's Personal Doctor Breaks Silence On Abacha's Death

Release Nnamdi Kanu, Don’t Be Like Buhari Who Had Personal Hatred Against Igbo People - House Of Reps Member Tells Tinubu
Forum | 1 week ago

Release Nnamdi Kanu, Don’t Be Like Buhari Who Had Personal Hatred Against Igbo People - House Of Reps Member Tells Tinubu

UCL: My fight with Haaland personal – Rudiger speaks on Real Madrid vs Man City
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: My fight with Haaland personal – Rudiger speaks on Real Madrid vs Man City