Thiago Silva set to sign new Chelsea contract

Forum 1 year ago

Thiago Silva set to sign new Chelsea contract

Chelsea centre-back Thiago Silva has confirmed he is set to sign a new contract with Chelsea.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9d372c1c1e6679deda7929bb50e00704.jpg

90min revealed last month that terms were agreed on the new deal for the veteran Brazilian, who is now working on the final details of an agreement which will see him remain at Stamford Bridge for at least another 12 months.

"We are talking about it, everything will probably happen in the next few days," the 38-year-old confirmed to ESPN.

"My intention, and that of the club as well, is to stay together. I know that the club needs me right now. I am here to be able to help, they are young players. I know that, with my experience, I can help in this process of rebuilding the club, I'm here for that, willing to do this, however, I know that my responsibility is very great."

Silva also spoke about the departure of midfielder Jorginho, who moved across the capital to sign for rivals Arsenal on Deadline Day.

"I know we have a lot of work ahead of us, we lost one of our great leaders in the locker room, Jorginho, a guy who spoke a lot, this gap will remain, but we have to move on," he admitted. "We didn't expect him to leave, it happened. make up for his absence in the best possible way."

"[It was] for a direct competitor. But these are football things, it happens. He would like to stay in England, because he has family nearby. These are things that we have no control over, but we also have to understand the player's side."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling
Forum | 3 hours ago

Project Hail Mary Release Date Set for Lord & Miller Space Movie With Ryan Gosling

The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie
Forum | 14 hours ago

The Fall Guy Gets Meta in New Videos for Ryan Gosling, Emily Blunt Action Movie

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August
Forum | 17 hours ago

PDP To Elect New Chairman In August

Spyro Emails Portable, Requests Collaboration On a New Song
Forum | 21 hours ago

Spyro Emails Portable, Requests Collaboration On a New Song