Ricky Stanicky: John Cena & Zac Efron to Lead Prime Video Comedy

Forum 1 year ago

Ricky Stanicky: John Cena & Zac Efron to Lead Prime Video Comedy

Prime Video has successfully nabbed the global rights to the upcoming comedy titled Ricky Stanicky, which hails from Oscar-winning filmmaker Peter Farrelly. Neighbors star Zac Efron and The Suicide Squad actor John Cena have signed on for the leading roles in the project. They will also be joined by Coming 2 America‘s Jermaine Fowler. Further details about their characters are still being kept under wraps.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ad3253153de61a7fe01721141102c209.jpg

“I’m very grateful to Amazon, as well as Paul Currie, Thorsten Schumacher, and John Jacobs, for finally bringing Ricky Stanicky to life,” Farrelly said in a statement. “This has been a dream project of mine for many years but to end up with a cast this crazy good makes the wait more than worthwhile.”

Ricky Stanicky is directed by Peter Farrelly from a screenplay he co-wrote with Brian Jarvis and Jim Freeman, based on an original spec script by Jeff Bushnell and Steve Oedekerk. Production is expected to begin sometime this month in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.

The project will be produced by Paul Currie for Footloose Productions, and Thorsten Schumacher for Rocket Science, and John Jacobs for Smart Entertainment.

“In the film, three friends invent a character to use to get out of tricky predicaments, but they have to hire an actor to portray their fictional friend when their significant others become suspicious,” reads the synopsis.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Natalie Burn Joins Cast of Action Comedy Dashing Through the Snow
Forum | 21 hours ago

Natalie Burn Joins Cast of Action Comedy Dashing Through the Snow

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central
Forum | 1 day ago

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie