Luke Shaw reveals players' confusion regarding Casemiro red card

Forum 1 year ago

Luke Shaw reveals players' confusion regarding Casemiro red card

Luke Shaw has admitted that players from both Manchester United and Crystal Palace were left confused by the decision to send Casemiro off during Saturday's clash at Old Trafford.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2d0b301fd35c39cc1a23438225fb34fb.jpg

The Red Devils found themselves two goals to the good heading into the final 20 minutes, before Jeffrey Schlupp's shove on Antony sparked a melee on the touchline.

VAR reviewed the mini-brawl and concluded that Casemiro's throat-grab on Will Hughes was worthy of a red card, though Shaw admitted that the chaos was plentiful and there was confusion as to why the Brazilian was singled out.

"To be honest there were so many people there, I didn’t actually know what was going on," Shaw said. "I think a lot of players on the pitch were asking ‘who’s it for?’. Someone mentioned Cassy and I think everyone knows that, when the ref goes over to the monitor, then it’s not going to be good.

"We’re extremely disappointed to lose him. But I think it’s now a big opportunity for someone else to come in and make their mark on this team and show their qualities and why they’re here."

Fans were also left in the lurch as Old Trafford is one of only two Premier League stadiums - the other being Anfield - not to have a big screen.

Erik ten Hag has revealed that United are contemplating an appeal against the red card. If rejected, Casemiro will miss their next three domestic matches.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 2 days ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Outer Range Season 2 Trailer Reveals Return of Josh Brolin Sci-Fi Series

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Guardiola reveals how Arsenal, Liverpool are better than Man City

Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria
Forum | 3 days ago

Oliseh names Super Eagles player that will win AFCON for Nigeria