Willow: Jack Kilmer Reflects on Voicing Madmartigan in Disney+Series

Forum 1 year ago

Willow: Jack Kilmer Reflects on Voicing Madmartigan in Disney+Series

During a recent interview with ComingSoon, actor Jack Kilmer discussed lending his voice to Val Kilmer’s Madmartigan in the Disney+ Willow series.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fd78d8b7f52f6689c9a5d1f71beb4025.jpg

“I talked to the director, Jonathan Kasdan, a lot about it, and he had a lot of questions for us because my parents both met on that movie Willow,” Kilmer explained of how he got the role. “Jon was so obsessed with the fact that we were all down to do this TV show. Going in, I did a little voiceover for one of the episodes and helping out my dad’s character, Madmartigan.

“I just got to sit … it was really like I got to go to Warner Brothers and hang out with Jon Kasdan and just talk about the legacy of it. We both were fanning out about the whole movie and just having a laugh, you know? And then he was like, ‘Well, can you help with these lines?’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, sure. I’ll take a crack at it.’ And so it became a little Easter egg in there.”

Willow hails from Jonathan Kasdan and Wendy Mericle, who served as showrunners. Joining Warwick Davis were Ellie Bamber, Ruby Cruz, Erin Kellyman, Tony Revolori, Amar Chadha-Patel, Dempsey Bryk, and Joanne Whalley.

“The story began when an aspiring sorcerer, played by Warwick Davis, is whisked away on a journey to protect an infant empress Elora Danan and vanquish the evil Queen Bavmorda from their world of Andowyne,” reads the synopsis. “Now, the story continues with Davis reprising his titular role, as he leads an unlikely crew of heroes on a quest to protect Andowyne from an even larger foe than they had imagined possible.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FX’s Alien Series Adds Sandra Yi Sencindiver to Cast
Forum | 8 hours ago

FX’s Alien Series Adds Sandra Yi Sencindiver to Cast

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central
Forum | 2 days ago

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Sheldon Stars Share Tribute as Series Wraps Final Episode

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel
Forum | 2 days ago

One Hundred Years of Solitude Teaser Trailer Reveals Netflix Series Based on Masterpiece Novel