The Witcher Author on Potential Book Sequel, Thoughts on Netflix Series

Forum 1 year ago

The Witcher Author on Potential Book Sequel, Thoughts on Netflix Series

Author Andrzej Sapkowski has more books in The Witcher saga planned, and also explained what he thinks about the Netflix series and how it has handled his work so far.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3431fa92b9b04ca1ac29eb0bd7edb6c7.jpg

During a recent appearance at the Taipei International Book Exhibition 2023, Sapkowski was asked by Dzieje whether or not he had any upcoming books planned for The Witcher series. According to the author (via Redanian Intelligence), he does, but didn’t go too much in-depth, simply saying that “they are in the plans,” and that was all. Previously, Sapkowski stated that anything else within the universe would have to be “a prequel or a sidequel” rather than a sequel.

When it came to the Netflix series based on his work, Sapkowski was also asked about what he thought of the show. In another brief answer, Sapkowski simply said, “I’ve seen better. I’ve seen worse.”

Based on the stories and novels by Andrzej Sapkowski, The Witcher is created and executive produced by Lauren Schmidt Hissrich, who also serves as the showrunner. Sean Daniel and Jason Brown of Sean Daniel Company are executive producing, along with Tomek Baginski and Jarek Sawko of Platige Image.

The series stars Henry Cavill as Geralt, but the upcoming third season of the series will be the final season for Cavill, who stepped down from the series and will be replaced by Liam Hemsworth in Season 4.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Wednesday Season 2 Cast Adds Thandiwe Newton to Netflix Series
Forum | 1 day ago

Wednesday Season 2 Cast Adds Thandiwe Newton to Netflix Series

One Piece Season 2 Update: Netflix Adds Percy Jackson EP as Co-Showrunner
Forum | 1 day ago

One Piece Season 2 Update: Netflix Adds Percy Jackson EP as Co-Showrunner

Atlas Trailer Previews Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix Sci-Fi Movie With Sterling K. Brown, Simu Liu
Forum | 2 days ago

Atlas Trailer Previews Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix Sci-Fi Movie With Sterling K. Brown, Simu Liu

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie