Anthony Mackie: Steve Rogers Isn’t Dead, He Gets Discount Breakfast at IHOP

Forum 1 year ago

Anthony Mackie: Steve Rogers Isn’t Dead, He Gets Discount Breakfast at IHOP

Anthony Mackie, who is set to reprise his role as Sam Wilson/Captain America in the upcoming sequel Captain America: New World Order, recently appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live! and spoke a bit about the status of Chris Evans’ character, Steve Rogers.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/52f0fcbc01ee56999ec34aca7c897ab3.jpg

On the show, Kimmel asked Mackie if Rogers, the original Captain America, was dead, noting that we didn’t see him die on camera after he returned to the present timeline as an old man at the end of Avengers: Endgame.

“That means he ain’t dead,” Mackie stated. “Why you trying to kill Steve? That’s age discrimination. Ain’t nothing wrong with an old Cap. Old Cap gets, like, discount breakfast at IHOP.”

Kimmel then asked directly if Rogers is alive, to which the actor jokingly told him that he saw Chris Evans recently saying, “Yeah, I think so? I didn’t see him die. I saw Chris two weeks ago.”

You can check out Anthony Mackie’s answers in full below:

Captain America: New World Order will be directed by Julius Onah from a screenplay written by The Falcon and the Winter Soldier head writer Malcolm Spellman and Dalan Musson. The film features Mackie reprising his role as Sam Wilson, who has now officially taken on the mantle of the MCU’s new Captain America. He will be joined by returning Falcon and the Winter Soldier stars Danny Ramirez and Carl Lumbly, who are once again playing the roles of Joaquin Torres and Isaiah Bradley, respectively.

Additionally, The Incredible Hulk actor Tim Blake Nelson will also be reprising his role as Marvel villain Samuel Sterns/Leader nearly 15 years after the Edward Norton-led film’s theatrical debut. New World Order will also include the introduction of MCU newcomer Shira Haas as Sabra.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Extraction 3 Gets a Promising Update From Writer Joe Russo
Forum | 8 hours ago

Extraction 3 Gets a Promising Update From Writer Joe Russo

Anthony Joshua confirms date, venue of next fight, possible opponents
Forum | 23 hours ago

Anthony Joshua confirms date, venue of next fight, possible opponents

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 2 days ago

Apartment 7A: Rosemary’s Baby Prequel With Julia Garner Gets Release Date Window

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement
Forum | 2 days ago

New Evil Dead Movie Gets Writer-Director, Sami Rami Issues Statement