Chris Rock’s Live Netflix Special Edited to Take Out Botched Joke

Forum 1 year ago

Chris Rock’s Live Netflix Special Edited to Take Out Botched Joke

A joke in Chris Rock’s latest Netflix special, Chris Rock: Selective Outrage, has been edited out of the special after Rock flubbed the joke during his live performance.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3516cdfbc303fdedc2b8d93e532192d7.jpg

The joke in question referenced a conversation that he had with Will Smith and his wife, Jada Pinkett Smith, while Rock was hosting the 2016 Oscars. According to Rock, he was told by Pinkett Smith that he should not host the show due to Will Smith not being nominated for his performance in 2015’s Concussion.

However, Rock mixed up Smith’s movies and said “Emancipation” instead. He quickly corrected himself in the special, although now it seems like the joke will be removed from any future showings.

“Years ago, his wife said I should quit the Oscars; I shouldn’t host ’cause her man didn’t get nominated for Emancipation, the biggest piece of shit ever!” Rock said, before correcting himself. “No, not Emancipation, I f—– up the joke.”

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Rock is aware of the edit and worked with Netflix together on the final edit of the special. Despite the initial flub, Rock finished the joke. “She started this s—. She said that me, a f—— grown-ass man, should quit his job because ‘My husband didn’t get nominated for Concussion,’” Rock said.

Chris Rock: Selective Outrage is now available to stream on Netflix.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Wednesday Season 2 Cast Adds Thandiwe Newton to Netflix Series
Forum | 10 hours ago

Wednesday Season 2 Cast Adds Thandiwe Newton to Netflix Series

One Piece Season 2 Update: Netflix Adds Percy Jackson EP as Co-Showrunner
Forum | 15 hours ago

One Piece Season 2 Update: Netflix Adds Percy Jackson EP as Co-Showrunner

Atlas Trailer Previews Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix Sci-Fi Movie With Sterling K. Brown, Simu Liu
Forum | 1 day ago

Atlas Trailer Previews Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix Sci-Fi Movie With Sterling K. Brown, Simu Liu

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie