Steven Yeun Teases Upcoming MCU Debut in Thunderbolts

Forum 1 year ago

Steven Yeun Teases Upcoming MCU Debut in Thunderbolts

Steven Yeun is set to appear in the upcoming Marvel Studios film Thunderbolts, and although his role is unknown, the actor has teased that his character’s intentions are very clear to him.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/74b125524ff2428afc413b84a94ed6ac.jpg

Speaking to Empire Magazine, Yeun noted that the ability to work again with director Jake Schreier — the two worked together on the A24 Netflix series Beef — was a major force in him joining the film. As for his character, he said that what also drew to him the film were “the intentions of the particular character.”

“I don’t know if it was explicitly on my bucket list,” Yeun said. “It was more the story, getting to work with Jake Schreier again, who directed Beef, and what his intentions were. The intentions of the particular character that they wanted me to play were very clear, and that’s what drew me to the film.”

Although his role is unknown, Yeun is in good company, as the movie, which will follow a team consisting of mostly supervillains and antiheroes, is also set to feature Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Florence Pugh, David Harbour, Sebastian Stan, Hannah Jon-Kamen, Wyatt Russell, Olga Kerleynko, and Ayo Edebiri.

Thunderbolts will be directed by Jake Schreier, whose history as a director isn’t extremely extensive, having only worked on 2012’s Robot & Frank, 2015’s Paper Towns, and the 2021 filmed version of Chance the Rapper’s Magnificent Coloring World Tour.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bridget Jones 4: Hugh Grant Teases Sequel’s ‘Very Moving’ Plot
Forum | 13 hours ago

Bridget Jones 4: Hugh Grant Teases Sequel’s ‘Very Moving’ Plot

Blink Twice Trailer Previews Zoë Kravitz’s Directorial Debut Thriller Movie Starring Channing Tatum
Forum | 19 hours ago

Blink Twice Trailer Previews Zoë Kravitz’s Directorial Debut Thriller Movie Starring Channing Tatum

The Last of Us Season 2: Isabela Merced Teases Ellie & Dina’s Chemistry
Forum | 1 day ago

The Last of Us Season 2: Isabela Merced Teases Ellie & Dina’s Chemistry

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline
Forum | 1 day ago

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline