Ben Affleck: I Would Not Direct Something for James Gunn’s DC

Forum 1 year ago

Ben Affleck: I Would Not Direct Something for James Gunn’s DC

Ahead of the release of The Flash this June, Ben Affleck has expressed his feelings about the possibility of directing a DC movie.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5fe7e5067fabedb52eec45da93493fc4.jpg

After playing Batman in movies like Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League, the actor and director was very open about whether he’d be returning to the company to direct. While speaking to THR, Affleck made it clear that he would not be directing something for DC, regardless of who’s in charge.

“I would not direct something for the [James] Gunn DC. Absolutely not,” Affleck said. “I have nothing against James Gunn. Nice guy, sure he’s going to do a great job. I just wouldn’t want to go in and direct in the way they’re doing that. I’m not interested in that.”

Affleck will appear in The Flash as Bruce Wayne/Batman alongside Michael Keaton, who will be portraying his respective version of the Caped Crusader as well. They’ll be joined by Ezra Miller, Sasha Calle, Kiersey Clemons, Maribel Verdú, Sasha Calle, and Ron Livingston.

Just recently, Gunn revealed that he would be directing Superman: Legacy in addition to writing it. The movie will be part of the DCU’s first phase, called Chapter One: Gods and Monsters. This first chapter will feature a multitude of different movies and television shows, including a Batman and Robin-focused movie called The Brave and the Bold, a Supergirl movie titled Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, a Swamp Thing film, and multiple TV shows.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series
Forum | 3 days ago

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series

James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky
Forum | 4 days ago

James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky

James Brown reacts as netizens call for his arrest following Bobrisky’s 6-month jail term
Forum | 6 days ago

James Brown reacts as netizens call for his arrest following Bobrisky’s 6-month jail term

Stakehorse: Justin Lin to Direct Amazon MGM Crime Thriller
Forum | 6 days ago

Stakehorse: Justin Lin to Direct Amazon MGM Crime Thriller