Six of Crows: Shadow and Bone Spin-off in Development at Netflix

Forum 1 year ago

Six of Crows: Shadow and Bone Spin-off in Development at Netflix

In a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, Shadow and Bone showrunner Eric Heisserer has opened up about their plans for the future of the dark fantasy drama. He confirmed that they’re currently developing a Shadow and Bone spin-off titled Six of Crows, based on Leigh Bardugo’s 2015 novel of the same name.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/443516edf9d7d7308ed49a5df55fe491.jpg

“One of the reasons, not all of them, that I got the privilege of working with Daegan Fryklind as co-showrunner in season 2 is that I was busy with the writers’ room for Six of Crows,” Heisserer teased. “We are ready to launch that as its own story. The eight-episode scripts are phenomenal and I’m really proud of my team for those.”

Netflix has not yet officially ordered the spin-off, as it is still in the early stages of development, according to the outlet’s sources. The fate of the Six of Crows series will depend on the performance of the recently released Shadow and Bone Season 2. Should the project be greenlit, the story will follow the Crows, a group of thieves consisting of Kaz Brekker, Inej Ghafa, Jesper Fahey, Wylan Van Eck, Nina Zenik, and Matthias Helver, who were first introduced in the original series.

Based on Leigh Bardugo’s Grishaverse novels, Shadow and Bone is created and executive produced by Oscar nominee Eric Heisserer, who also serves as the writer and showrunner. The series stars Jessie Mei Li, Archie Renaux, Ben Barnes, Freddy Carter, Amita Suman, Kit Young, Daisy Head, and Georgia Reece.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Atlas Trailer Previews Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix Sci-Fi Movie With Sterling K. Brown, Simu Liu
Forum | 5 hours ago

Atlas Trailer Previews Jennifer Lopez’s Netflix Sci-Fi Movie With Sterling K. Brown, Simu Liu

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount
Forum | 5 hours ago

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie
Forum | 5 hours ago

A Knight’s Tale 2: Netflix Passed on Proposed Sequel to Heath Ledger Movie

Twilight of the Gods: Zack Snyder’s Animated Netflix Series Gets Release Date Window
Forum | 22 hours ago

Twilight of the Gods: Zack Snyder’s Animated Netflix Series Gets Release Date Window