Galtier discusses PSG future following awful run of results

Forum 1 year ago

Galtier discusses PSG future following awful run of results

Christophe Galtier has insisted that he is not thinking about his future at Paris Saint-Germain following disastrous defeat to Rennes.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/641cc462e26e1d6181580be9bde640b2.jpg

PSG suffered two defeats in the space of a week prior to the international break, being knocked out of the UEFA Champions League by Bayern Munich in the last 16 before losing 2-0 at home to Rennes.

The early European exit in particular has led to speculation around Galtier's future, with the last number of PSG managers losing their jobs thanks to underperformance in the Champions. Speaking to the press following Sunday's Ligue 1 loss however, Galtier insisted that he was not thinking about his future at the club.

"I’m not thinking about the future. I’m only focused on winning the championship. We need to win the remaining matches and play well. I’m trying to be objective and motivate my players," he said.

"We can’t give up now. The season is still on, and there are other competitors in the running. I’m not anxious or passive; I’m determined to make sure we become champions."

Galtier was also keen to back his players following the defeat - a defeat in which Lionel Messi was roundly booed by PSG fans.

"My players gave everything they had. Put yourselves in my players' shoes, who see eight absentees and walk into a dressing room with academy players who they’ll have seen once or twice in training," he added.

"You can’t incriminate my players on a lack of commitment. That’s not true. You can understand that when you’re 2-0 down to Rennes, that you don’t have a lot of options and that there are a lot of players missing, that there might be some resignation."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
You Can’t Run Forever Trailer Features J.K. Simmons as a Serial Killer
Forum | 8 hours ago

You Can’t Run Forever Trailer Features J.K. Simmons as a Serial Killer

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz
Forum | 3 days ago

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz

James Brown reacts as netizens call for his arrest following Bobrisky’s 6-month jail term
Forum | 3 days ago

James Brown reacts as netizens call for his arrest following Bobrisky’s 6-month jail term

“Distance is my new response to disrespect” – Mabel Makun says following husband, AY’s reaction to their split rumors
Forum | 1 week ago

“Distance is my new response to disrespect” – Mabel Makun says following husband, AY’s reaction to their split rumors