Raphael Varane reveals how he plans to end his playing career

Forum 1 year ago

Raphael Varane reveals how he plans to end his playing career

Manchester United defender Raphael Varane has revealed how he plans to end his playing career.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4b622b63d0fedce8662125c4157c7030.jpg

The France World Cup winner has been playing senior football on a consistent basis since he was 17, making his debut for boyhood club Lens all the way back in 2010.

After just one season in Lens' senior setup, Varane was snapped up by Real Madrid. He went on to make 336 appearances for Los Blancos, helping them to three La Liga titles, four UEFA Champions Leagues, four FIFA Club World Cups, three UEFA Super Cups and one Copa del Rey.

He brought down the curtain on a 10-year stay in the Spanish capital and signed for United in the summer of 2021, and after a tough debut season in the Premier League, has now rediscovered his best form under the guidance of Erik ten Hag.

In an interview with GQ France, Varane - who doesn't turn 30 until next month - opened up on how he plans to finish his playing career.

"I will finish my career either in Madrid, or in Manchester, or in Lens," he said. "It is sure that I will not join another club. But Madrid, it seems complicated to me, we don't usually come back to it. The most likely [option as of] today is that I finish in Manchester or Lens.

"The closer you get to 30, the more you think about it. Since I was seven years old I have been playing football so inevitably there is a little apprehension, but no fear. Like every major decision in life, it requires careful thought and it will be done step by step. From experience, we will tend to trust him to make the right decisions."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
SPORT 33 mins ago Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought
Forum | 6 hours ago

SPORT 33 mins ago Finidi backs Enyimba forward Mbaoma to end goal drought

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves
Forum | 6 hours ago

Nancy Isime Reveals The Best Gift She Will Give to Anyone She Loves

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series
Forum | 1 day ago

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series