Dele Alli explains training absence after Besiktas manager's public mockery

Forum 1 year ago

Dele Alli explains training absence after Besiktas manager's public mockery

Dele Alli has explained his absence from Besiktas training after he was publicly chastised by manager Senol Gunes.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ee6a3bcf49c436d0d10eb3e114a4bf25.jpg

The 26-year-old joined the Turkish side on loan from Everton last summer and has managed two goals in 13 Super Lig appearances, but he hasn't played in almost a month.

Reports in Turkey have also suggested Gunes is prepared to keep Dele out of his first-team squad for the remainder of the season, when his loan will end.

Dele has been left out of Besiktas' squad for their last two games - a 2-0 win at Istanbul Basaksehir and a 3-1 victory over Istanbulspor - and his future was thrown further into doubt when manager Gunes suggested he had gone AWOL.

He said: "Dele Alli could not come at this time. It’s raining, I guess that’s why he couldn’t come.

"We’re trying to hear from him. We could not reach him by phone. Hopefully he didn’t have an accident."

Gunes has previously called out the former Tottenham midfielder for performing below his standards, stating Besiktas were unlikely to take up their option for a permanent transfer.

He told Haberturk last month: "He runs a lot, but he has problems in assisting and scoring goals.

"He is a player with a high probability of leaving at the end of the year, whether he plays well or badly."

Dele took to social media to clear up the confusion, claiming he had been given permission by Besiktas to attend a doctor's appointment.

He posted on Instagram: "Hey guys just had loads of messages so wanted to clear something up.

"The club gave me permission to attend a doctor’s appointment today. I’m due back in training tomorrow [Thursday] as normal."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 1 day ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia
Forum | 2 days ago

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel
Forum | 3 days ago

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Two Arsenal players miss final training ahead of Aston Villa clash