Kim Min-jae hits out at Premier League transfer speculation

Forum 1 year ago

Kim Min-jae hits out at Premier League transfer speculation

Napoli defender Kim Min-jae has revealed he 'cannot be bothered' with reports linking him with a move to the Premier League.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2c7e08193f8d773db7745f2ed7b13eac.jpg

The 26-year-old has emerged as one of the world's leading centre-backs following his move from Fenerbahce to Serie A last summer, playing a starring role in Napoli's quest to win the Scudetto.

Kim's form has not gone unnoticed and in recent months has been touted as a transfer target for the likes of Manchester United and Real Madrid, while Tottenham - who he nearly joined in 2020 - have also been linked again.

But Kim is growing frustrated with these reports and has asked for speculation regarding his future to stop.

"As you know, those rumours are not true at all. I want to focus on my team. I have many tournaments to play," Kim said following South Korea's 2-2 draw with Colombia this week.

"It's been four or years I have had these rumours. It's uncomfortable. I wish you don't spread those stories."

He added: "I cannot be bothered by transfer rumours because they aren’t true. Now I'm focusing on the team, rather than that kind of nonsense. There are so many important matches to go and right now I only want to focus on Napoli."

As Kim suggested, it is unlikely he will leave Napoli this summer following just one season at the club. With Gli Azzurri on the verge of only their third ever Serie A title - the first without the help of Diego Maradona - he will write himself into club legend in the coming months.

90min reported earlier this season that Napoli are planning to tie Kim and Khvicha Kvaratskhelia down to new contracts, with it more likely that striker Victor Osimhen will be sold instead.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Butterfly Cast: Korean TV Stars & More Join Daniel Dae Kim Thriller Series
Forum | 23 hours ago

Butterfly Cast: Korean TV Stars & More Join Daniel Dae Kim Thriller Series

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman
Forum | 2 days ago

Premier League suits my style more than Serie A – Lookman

Transfer: Juventus line up move for Wilfred Ndidi
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Juventus line up move for Wilfred Ndidi