Chris Evans: Returning to Captain America ‘Doesn’t Feel Right’ Currently

Forum 1 year ago

Chris Evans: Returning to Captain America ‘Doesn’t Feel Right’ Currently

Chris Evans’ role as Captain America in the Marvel Cinematic Universe is what he’s best known for, and although he’s stepped away from playing the character, Evans did recently say that there could be more stories to tell.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/df75036ec0385ddcc74482622e0a32f1.jpg

During a recent appearance at C2E2 2023, Evans asked about potentially returning as Captain America if he could, following that version of the character seemingly retiring at the end of 2019’s Avengers: Endgame. Evans said that he believes there are more Steve Rogers stories to tell, but admits he’s “precious” about going back.

“God, it’s tough. Look, I love that role deeply, it means so much to me. Do I think there’s more Steve Rogers stories to tell? Sure, but at the same time, I’m very very precious about it,” Evans said (via The Pop Verse), while also noting that accepting the role of Captain America was “the best decision of my life.”

Despite the acknowledgment that there are more stories to tell, Evans went on to say that it “doesn’t quite feel right, right now” to jump back into the character today. Rumors about Evans returning to the role have been floating around for years, but so far, it seems like Evans is content leaving the role behind.

His last appearance came in Avengers: Endgame, where after helping the Avengers defeat Thanos, Rogers went back in time to return Infinity Stones that they had taken from other universes. Instead of returning, though, he stayed back in time, electing to live out his life with Peggy Carter and appearing as a much older man at the end of the film.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: They’ll be too good – Chris Sutton predicts Chelsea vs Aston Villa

General Hospital: Nicholas Alexander Chavez Not Returning as Spencer
Forum | 2 days ago

General Hospital: Nicholas Alexander Chavez Not Returning as Spencer

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 3 days ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG