Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Was Never Going to Have Thor

Forum 1 year ago

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Was Never Going to Have Thor

The Guardians of the Galaxy and Thor developed a brief relationship in 2019’s Avengers: Endgame, something that not only took director James Gunn by surprise but had him worried for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/690f62ea1d96c53dc9f5ced8fc363ba6.jpg

Speaking to Rolling Stone, Gunn said that he was shocked when he saw Endgame, which ended with Chris Hemsworth’s Thor going off on an adventure with the Guardians. According to Gunn, that ending was chosen in the editing process and made him worry about how it would impact Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

“They chose to have that ending in editing,” Gunn said. “And I didn’t think it was gonna be in there. Endgame came out right after I decided to do Guardians again. So I didn’t have much say in what was in Endgame, and then it came out and then I was like, ’What the f— am I gonna do?’”

Gunn would go on to say that, thankfully for him, director Taika Waititi ended up concluding the storyline in the 2022 film Thor: Love and Thunder.

“That’s when [Marvel Studios president] Kevin [Feige] told me Taika’s gonna do Thor, and we’ll have the Guardians in it. I said, ’Thank God!’… To be completely honest, Thor was never going to be in this movie. Taika took a bullet for me. Because I was not going to have him in. I was just gonna start up and there’s no Thor,” joked Gunn.

“In Marvel Studios‘ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 our beloved band of misfits are looking a bit different these days,” reads the synopsis. “Peter Quill, still reeling from the loss of Gamora, must rally his team around him to defend the universe along with protecting one of their own. A mission that, if not completed successfully, could quite possibly lead to the end of the Guardians as we know them.”

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is once again written and directed by James Gunn. MCU vets Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldaña, Dave Bautista, Sean Gunn, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Bradley Cooper, and Vin Diesel are returning to reprise their respective roles as Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Kraglin, Nebula, Mantis, Rocket, and Groot. The threequel will also include the introduction of franchise newcomers Will Poulter, Chukwudi Iwuji, and Maria Bakalova, who have signed on for the roles of Adam Warlock, High Evolutionary, and Cosmo the Spacedog.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy
Forum | 21 hours ago

Portable Laments Going Broke Over The No-spray Policy

Jnr Pope’s Wife Reportedly On Medical Care After Going Unconscious
Forum | 1 week ago

Jnr Pope’s Wife Reportedly On Medical Care After Going Unconscious

How 14-Year-Old Girl Slumped, Died In Hotel Room After Going There With 17-Year-Old Lover In Bayelsa
Forum | 1 week ago

How 14-Year-Old Girl Slumped, Died In Hotel Room After Going There With 17-Year-Old Lover In Bayelsa

LaKeith Stanfield Reacts to New Silver Surfer Julia Garner: ‘I Thought It Was Going to Be Me’
Forum | 2 weeks ago

LaKeith Stanfield Reacts to New Silver Surfer Julia Garner: ‘I Thought It Was Going to Be Me’