Star Wars Opening Crawl to Return, Lucasfilm President Explains Why

Forum 1 year ago

Star Wars Opening Crawl to Return, Lucasfilm President Explains Why

Perhaps one of the most iconic parts of the Star Wars franchise is the opening crawl, and according to Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, fans can look forward to seeing them return in upcoming films.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/eeff428136db4aadefeee509086d28e4.jpg

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Kennedy revealed that the opening crawl would be returning for the forthcoming film starring Daisy Ridley’s Rey. “The crawl’s coming back,” said Kennedy, before confirming that it wouldn’t be appearing in any other non-movie Star Wars projects. “No. The crawl is for movies,” Kennedy said.

Prior to this announcement, the Star Wars opening crawl seemed to be used exclusively for the mainline films, with all nine of the Skywalker Saga entries getting them. The crawl was not used in spin-off projects like Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Solo: A Star Wars Story.

Quite a few Star Wars projects are currently on the horizon, including the Disney+ series Ahsoka, The Acolyte, and Skeleton Crew. The third season of The Mandalorian is currently releasing weekly on the streaming platform, while the video game Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is nearing its April 28 release date.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama
Forum | 2 days ago

Pulse Cast: Happy Death Day Star & More Join Netflix’s First Medical Drama

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie