Michelle Yeoh to Lead Star Trek: Section 31 Movie for Paramount+

Forum 1 year ago

Michelle Yeoh to Lead Star Trek: Section 31 Movie for Paramount+

After dominating the awards season with her acclaimed performance in Everything Everywhere All at Once, Michelle Yeoh has found her next sci-fi project as she officially makes her way back to the Star Trek universe. Paramount+ has greenlit the upcoming original movie event titled Star Trek: Section 31, with Yeoh reprising her role as Emperor Philippa Georgiou from the Star Trek: Discovery series.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9660a84cc391e56ed5df343196de69e1.jpg

“I’m beyond thrilled to return to my Star Trek family and to the role I’ve loved for so long,” Yeoh said in a statement. “Section 31 has been near and dear to my heart since I began the journey of playing Philippa all the way back when this new golden age of Star Trek launched. To see her finally get her moment is a dream come true in a year that’s shown me the incredible power of never giving up on your dreams. We can’t wait to share what’s in store for you, and until then: live long and prosper (unless Emperor Georgiou decrees otherwise)!”

Star Trek: Section 31 will be directed and executive produced by Olatunde Osunsanmi from a screenplay written by Craig Sweeny. Fans last saw the Oscar winner portray the USS Shenzhou captain during the third season of Discovery, in which she had a recurring appearance. Production is expected to begin later this year.

“In Paramount+ movie event, Emperor Philippa Georgiou joins a secret division of Starfleet tasked with protecting the United Federation of Planets and faces the sins of her past,” reads the synopsis.

Executive producers are Yeoh, Sweeny, Alex Kurtzman, Aaron Baiers, Rod Rodenberry, Trevor Roth, Frank Siracusa, and John Weber. It is produced by CBS Studios in association with Secret Hideout and Roddenberry Entertainment.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 1 day ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 2 days ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG

Summer Camp Trailer: Diane Keaton, Kathy Bates & Alfre Woodard Lead Comedy Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Summer Camp Trailer: Diane Keaton, Kathy Bates & Alfre Woodard Lead Comedy Movie