Deadpool 3’s Wolverine to be Divergence from X-Men Movies

Forum 1 year ago

Deadpool 3’s Wolverine to be Divergence from X-Men Movies

Although Hugh Jackman will be returning as Wolverine in the upcoming Marvel Studios movie Deadpool 3, this version of Wolverine will be something fans haven’t seen before.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8e477926e386f8ac1321689bef419352.jpg

Speaking to ET Canada (via Variety), Ryan Reynolds — who stars in the film as Deadpool/Wade Wilson — said that teaming up with Jackman is something they’ve wanted to do for some time and something he’s been pestering the actor to do for a while now.

“We’ve wanted to do this for decades…it’s weirdly the perfect time,” Reynolds. “I never stopped [trying to get him to come back as Wolverine]. I was just pestering him like a gnat over the last many years. I believe in timing, as much as hard work and luck and all those intersections that are supposed to meet. Timing’s the big one. I think he was ready. I think he was excited.”

As far as how Wolverine will look and feel in the upcoming film, Reynolds said that he pitched the character as one that will be something of a “divergence” from the character Jackman knew. Reynolds went on to say that this take on the character will be “something completely new” for the actor.

“And what we pitched him was enough of a divergence from the character that he knows and the character that he’s left behind, that it gives him something completely new to play and something that he’s really excited to do,” said Reynolds of Deadpool 3‘s Wolverine.

Deadpool 3 is being written by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick from a previous draft by Bob’s Burgers duo Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige previously assured fans that it will remain an R-rated film — just like the first two movies, which would make it the studio’s first movie with said mature rating.

It will serve as the first movie in the Deadpool film series to be released following Disney’s acquisition of 20th Century Fox. The film is currently scheduled to release on November 8, 2024.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 3 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo
Forum | 3 days ago

Photo Of Two Men Who Were Nabbed For Kidnapping, Robbery Of Female Pastor In Edo

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’
Forum | 4 days ago

Rob Liefeld Praises Deadpool & Wolverine Action Scenes: ‘Best Action Since Winter Soldier’

Deadpool & Wolverine Easter Egg Mocking Rob Liefeld Deemed an ‘Absolute Honor’
Forum | 6 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Easter Egg Mocking Rob Liefeld Deemed an ‘Absolute Honor’