Dave Filoni Star Wars Movie Will Draw From Revenge of the Sith

Forum 1 year ago

Dave Filoni Star Wars Movie Will Draw From Revenge of the Sith

Not too much is known about Dave Filoni’s upcoming Star Wars film, but according to the filmmaker, it will draw some big inspiration from one aspect of the prequel trilogies.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b555c7dc0cc80ca62afde8d87a47636a.jpg

Speaking to Rotten Tomatoes, Filoni was asked about his upcoming film, which is set to be a culmination of the various interconnected stories from the Disney+ Star Wars series like The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and Ahsoka. According to Filoni, there’s a lot to draw from in the context of past Star Wars films. He then name-dropped Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, which he noted had a stellar large-scale battle scene.

“There’s a treasure of things to draw from, not just within our own series, but in the bigger galaxy,” said Filoni. “I definitely think a large-scale battle that would be very hard to do in our time, that we’re doing right now … when I saw the opening of Revenge of the Sith, and the starfighters came over the bow of the ship and revealed this massive battle, I’m like, ‘This is it. This is the movie that I want to see, right here.'”

Filoni’s project will take place in the New Republic days, wrapping up the interconnected stories found in the Disney+ series like The Mandalorian, The Book of Boba Fett, and the upcoming Ahsoka. It’s one of many upcoming projects for the franchise, alongside a brand-new movie focusing solely on Rey Skywalker.

Filoni is a familiar name to the franchise fans, who’ll rejoice to hear he’s directing one of the new Star Wars movies. After starting his career at Lucasfilm Animation with the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series, he earned a devoted fan following. He also served as an executive producer and director on Star Wars Rebels before playing a pivotal role in the development of The Mandalorian, where he also directed the series premiere in addition to other episodes. Filoni is currently working on several Star Wars projects, including the live-action Ahsoka series.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 16 hours ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 1 day ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 1 day ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG