Scarlett Johansson Shoots Down Black Widow MCU Return: ‘Chapter Is Over’

Forum 1 year ago

Scarlett Johansson Shoots Down Black Widow MCU Return: ‘Chapter Is Over’

Black Widow star Scarlett Johansson has confirmed that she has no plans to return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe in the future.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/724c546fdac84bd8d8ab8726535ccbdd.jpg

Johansson joined fellow Marvel alum and actress Gwyneth Paltrow — who played Pepper Potts — on an episode of The Goop Podcast. The duo discussed their time in the MCU, which led to Paltrow asking if Johansson sees a Marvel return in her future.

Though the character of Black Widow died in 2019’s Avengers: Endgame, Johansson did reprise the role for the 2021 prequel Black Widow. The Avengers star confirmed she’s finished with the MCU, but noted that it was “such a unique experience.”

“I’m done,” Johansson stated. “Chapter is over. I did all that I had to do. Also coming back and playing a character again and again, over a decade of time, is such a unique experience,” (via Variety.)

Johansson played Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow in nine Marvel Studios movies. After making her first appearance as the character in Iron Man 2, she appeared in The Avengers, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War, Avengers: Infinity War, Avengers: Endgame, and Black Widow, with a cameo appearance in the mid-credits scene of Captain Marvel. The actress will next be seen in Wes Anderson’s Asteroid City.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend
Forum | 2 days ago

Young Man Shoots His Friend Dead For Taking A Bite Out Of His Girlfriend's Burger

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie
Forum | 3 days ago

I Am Going To Have Eleven Beautiful Children, My Late Son Will Return - Yul Edochie

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo
Forum | 3 days ago

Taraba Tragedy: 12 Years Old Boy Shoots Younger Brother Dead In Jalingo