Hell Naw: Kid Cudi to Lead Sony’s Zombie Action-Comedy

Forum 11 months ago

Hell Naw: Kid Cudi to Lead Sony’s Zombie Action-Comedy

According to Deadline, Entergalactic star Scott Mescudi, a.k.a. Kid Cudi, has signed on for the leading role in Sony Pictures’ forthcoming action horror comedy titled Hell Naw.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5c5e468158a16ba5f9b5adf1079fbbd8.jpg

The Grammy winner made his feature debut in 2014 with the film adaptation of Need for Speed. He slowly followed that up with appearances in high-profile movies, including Bill & Ted Face the Music, Don’t Look Up, and A24’s slasher movie X. Besides Hell Naw, he will also next be seen in John Woo’s action movie Silent Night and in Brittany Snow’s feature directorial debut Parachute.

“This movie has been five years in the making. I am telling the world now, this film will f*ck you up in all the best ways,” Mescudi said in a statement. “I have been a horror fan since I was seven years old, The first horror movies I ever saw were Night of the Living Dead and Evil Dead. And from that point on, I was hooked on the feeling of being frightened. I’ve been wanting to get into this world creating my own stories for a long time, and now, and after years of working it out in my head, it’s finally happening. Sam, The Lucas Brothers, and myself have really crafted a tale we feel everyone who’s a fan of horror and comedy will enjoy. You will laugh, oh yes, you will, but the horror aspect of this movie will really be something to see. You will be shook. I promise. Y’all know I don’t play around.”

Hell Naw is being written by Oscar-nominated siblings Keith and Kenny Lucas, who are best known for their work on Judas and the Black Messiah. Further details about the plot and characters for the zombie-centered project are still being kept under wraps, but it reportedly takes place during the Paris Fashion Week.

The movie will be produced by Mescudi, Karina Manashil and Dennis Cummings for Mad Solar banner along with Euphoria creator Sam Levinson and Ashley Levinson. Executive producers are Aaron L. Gilbert, Brenda Gilbert, Stuart Manashil, Kevin Turen, Harrison Kreiss, John Terzian and Jeremy Allen.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Natalie Burn Joins Cast of Action Comedy Dashing Through the Snow
Forum | 10 hours ago

Natalie Burn Joins Cast of Action Comedy Dashing Through the Snow

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central
Forum | 16 hours ago

Golden Axe Animated Series Ordered at Comedy Central

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie