Alien TV Show Finds Its Lead Actress

Forum 1 year ago

Alien TV Show Finds Its Lead Actress

Noah Hawley’s secretive Alien TV show at FX has reportedly found its star, as Giant Freakin Robot is reporting that Sydney Chandler will lead the show.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/7e2cdc83756a49c8e7fd1b9d294b2ac6.jpg

The report mentions that Chandler’s character in the Alien TV show is still unconfirmed, leaving her role in the series shrouded in just as much mystery as the overall show itself. During the latest episode of The Hot Mic Podcast, Above the Line’s Jeff Sneider also confirmed the report, noting that Chandler would indeed be starring in the highly anticipated series.

Chandler is the daughter of actor Kyle Chandler (Friday Night Lights, Argo) and began her acting career seven years ago. Most recently, she starred in the TV miniseries Pistol, as well as in the 2022 film Don’t Worry Darling, where she played Violet, one of the wives in the film.

Hawley’s series will be the first-ever Alien story set on Earth and, judging by his comments, will explore the more grounded aspects of the franchise. The director also touched on the inclusion of Weyland-Yutani — the massive corporation that’s found in nearly every Alien property — and how he plans to deliver a series that both captures the horror-action aspect of the Alien franchise and explores other themes established in the world.

In past interviews, Landgraf has also offered up brief updates on what the series might include and revealed that the series would feature plenty of new things to the world of Alien.

“I’m a big fan of Alien and Aliens, and I remember watching both of them in the theater and how shockingly original and surprising each of them was in its own way,” Landgraf said. “And so, similar to his approach to Fargo, Noah decided not to take Ripley or any character from Alien — except perhaps the xenomorph itself — but go back and figure out what made the franchise so great and so durable in the first place and see if he could find an experience that felt like walking into a theater and seeing one of those first two movies, where you get caught off-guard. That’s all I can say at this point, though.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Actress Nancy Isime Sends Message to Late Mother
Forum | 2 days ago

Actress Nancy Isime Sends Message to Late Mother

Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple
Forum | 4 days ago

Bridgerton Showrunner Reveals Season 3 Ending Will Include Clues About Next Lead Couple

Keke Palmer & SZA to Lead Buddy Comedy Movie From Issa Rae
Forum | 4 days ago

Keke Palmer & SZA to Lead Buddy Comedy Movie From Issa Rae

Alien: Romulus Practical RC Facehugger Shown Off by Fede Álvarez
Forum | 6 days ago

Alien: Romulus Practical RC Facehugger Shown Off by Fede Álvarez