James Gunn: DC’s Black Superman Movie Would Be an Elseworlds Project

Forum 11 months ago

James Gunn: DC’s Black Superman Movie Would Be an Elseworlds Project

Despite James Gunn making his own Superman film amidst a total shift in the DC Universe, DC’s Black Superman movie is still in the works. However, it won’t be part of the mainline DC Universe.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3b691c9291cad0af4555fb8622fb152b.jpg

Speaking to io9, filmmaker and co-CEO of DC Studios James Gunn was asked about the Black Superman movie. The project is said to be coming from writer Ta-Nehisi Coates and producer J.J. Abrams. According to Gunn, however, the project is not related at all to his upcoming Superman: Legacy. Depending on how the script looks, he says, the film could still happen as an Elseworlds project.

“Those two things are totally unrelated,” Gunn said. “That’s an exciting movie. I know that Chantal Nong, who is the executive on that project, is extremely excited about it. So if it comes in and it’s great, which I haven’t read the script, and if the timing is right, that could absolutely happen. That’s totally unrelated. It would be an Elseworlds tale like Joker.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron
Forum | 2 days ago

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron

Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn Says People’s Attitude Toward Skyler Has Changed
Forum | 5 days ago

Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn Says People’s Attitude Toward Skyler Has Changed

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show
Forum | 6 days ago

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show