Extraction 2 Trailer Release Date Set in Trio of Action-Packed Posters

Forum 11 months ago

Extraction 2 Trailer Release Date Set in Trio of Action-Packed Posters

The Extraction 2 trailer release date has been set alongside the release of three new posters.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4e0a6c9dc51d323a167a2f66b69809b7.jpg

Netflix announced that the Extraction 2 trailer release date is set for tomorrow, May 15. The news was announced via three new posters for Netflix’s highly-anticipated sequel. The images tease some of the sequel’s big action sequences, including Hemsworth’s arm getting caught on fire during a fight against prison guards which was teased in its first teaser trailer. The film will be available for streaming on June 16.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b8a58e1ded73b8464bddfbd70a4e5db3.jpghttps://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/af433cf2968fdcef49aa49ab9af6f7c8.jpg

Chris Hemsworth returns as troubled black ops mercenary Tyler Rake in Extraction 2 - who is obviously not quite as dead as the first film semi-ambiguously wanted you to believe. Plot details about Extraction 2 have been kept under tight wraps, but the core premise is that Tyler Rake survived, and is trying to find some kind of purpose in that survival (having carried a pretty big death wish in the first film), while also getting back to what he does best – i.e., being a one-man army.

"I'm super excited, Hemsworth's super excited, Netflix is excited so it's really just a function of getting the script done," Extraction 2 producers Joe and Anthony Russo (Avengers: Infinity Wars & Endgame) previously told ComicBook.com. "Finding passionate engines behind stories requires an incredible amount of lifeblood to get a movie made, and you know, you need an engine, you need a creative engine, you need someone who's excited. And you know Sam was a close friend because we'd done work with him for almost a decade, almost a decade on the Marvel films. We knew how talented he was and that he could make the transition."

While the Russos are clearly enthused, Chris Hemsworth has admitted that making Extraction 2 (once again headed by director Sam Hargrave) was "the most detailed and exhausting fight training I've ever been a part of."

What is Extraction 2 About?

“After barely surviving the events of the first movie, Rake is back as the Australian black ops mercenary, tasked with another deadly mission: rescuing the battered family of a ruthless Georgian gangster from the prison where they are being held,” reads the synopsis.

Extraction 2 is directed by Sam Hargrave from a screenplay written by returning scribe Joe Russo. The film stars Hemsworth, Golshifteh Farahani, Tornike Gogrichiani, Adam Bessa, Daniel Bernhardt, Tinatin Dalakishvili, and Olga Kurylenko. Just like the 2020 film, it is also being produced by Avengers: Endgame directors Anthony and Joe Russo through their AGBO banner along with Hemsworth.

The original film took place in an underworld of weapons dealers and traffickers and followed a young boy who becomes the pawn in a war between notorious drug lords. It was positively received, with critics praising its action sequences. During its first month of release, it was Netflix’s most-watched film as it garnered 90 million households.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Lee Trailer Previews Kate Winslet War Photographer Movie
Forum | 4 hours ago

Lee Trailer Previews Kate Winslet War Photographer Movie

The Fairly OddParents: A New Wish Trailer Previews Upcoming Nickelodeon Reboot
Forum | 4 hours ago

The Fairly OddParents: A New Wish Trailer Previews Upcoming Nickelodeon Reboot

Terrifier 3 Release Date Moved Up, New Image Revealed
Forum | 4 hours ago

Terrifier 3 Release Date Moved Up, New Image Revealed