James Gunn on First MCU F-Bomb: Kevin Feige ‘Laughed His Ass Off’

Forum 11 months ago

James Gunn on First MCU F-Bomb: Kevin Feige ‘Laughed His Ass Off’

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 director James Gunn has revealed what Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige thought of the first MCU F-bomb.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/604db8dd0fa42dba7b4ada37b19b8d20.jpg

In an interview with JOE.ie, Gunn got onto the topic of the first MCU F-bomb, which is said by Chris Pratt’s Star-Lord in the latest Guardians of the Galaxy movie. According to the filmmaker, the swear word wasn’t scripted, but was too funny to cut out.

“We put it in the cut and it was just so damn funny. And I was like ‘Oh man, Disney is going to make me take this out, aren’t they,’” Gunn said. “They’ve never made me do anything. And I’m like, ‘This is the first time they’re gonna make me do something, and I’m going to be bummed out.’”

What did Kevin Feige think about the first MCU F-bomb?

Gunn then delved into what Kevin Feige thought of the scene, noting that there was originally an F-bomb in Avengers: Endgame that ended up being cut.

“I said ‘What about that F-bomb?’ And [Kevin Feige] is like, ‘Well, you know, the Russo brothers had one in [‘Avengers: Endgame’] at one point,” Gunn stated. “And, you know, it got a big applause, but at the end of the day, the Russo brothers were like … They didn’t want that to be their legacy. And Kevin said ‘if you want that to be your legacy, then sure.’ And I said, ‘Kevin if you think you’re scaring me away instead of just enticing me even more to put this in the movie you’re crazy.’ And so that’s how it happened. And then he laughed his ass off.”

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is once again written and directed by James Gunn. MCU vets Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldaña, Dave Bautista, Sean Gunn, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, Bradley Cooper, and Vin Diesel return to reprise their respective roles as Star-Lord, Gamora, Drax, Kraglin, Nebula, Mantis, Rocket, and Groot, while Maria Bakalova joins on as Cosmo the Spacedog. The sequel also features the introduction of franchise newcomers Will Poulter and Chukwudi Iwuji, who portray the roles of Adam Warlock and the High Evolutionary. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is now playing in theaters.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit
Forum | 2 days ago

Yellowstone’s Luke Grimes Addresses Kevin Costner’s ‘Unfortunate’ Exit

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron
Forum | 2 days ago

Avatar 3 Teaser Image Revealed by James Cameron

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 2 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel