Triplets Update: Arnold Schwarzenegger Reveals Disappointing News on Twins Sequel

Forum 11 months ago

Triplets Update: Arnold Schwarzenegger Reveals Disappointing News on Twins Sequel

In a recent interview with The Hollywood Reporter, The Terminator vet Arnold Schwarzenegger opened up about the current status of Triplets, Universal Pictures’ long-in-development sequel to the 1988 comedy Twins. Schwarzenegger has confirmed that the project is unfortunately no longer moving forward despite his and Danny DeVito’s willingness to do the movie. He called out Ghostbusters: Afterlife director Jason Reitman as the one responsible for the project’s cancellation.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/006cc91a26aeb7bcbb05c854d8d1d2b4.jpg

“Jason Reitman fucked it up,” Schwarzenegger revealed. “Jason Reitman literally stopped the project when his father died. His father wanted to do it really badly. I wanted to do it really badly. Danny DeVito wanted to do it really badly. We had the financing. When his father passed away, Jason says, ‘I never liked the idea’ and put a hold on it.”

However, even though the production of Triplets was ultimately cancelled, Schwarzenegger admitted that he is already developing another movie set as his and DeVito reunion project instead.

Who Was Involved in Triplets?

Before his death in 2022 at the age of 75, original Twins director Ivan Reitman was attached to direct Triplets, with Schwarzenegger and Devito reprising their respective roles as Julian and Vincent. Written by Dylan Dawson and Lucas Kavner, the sequel would reportedly introduce the titular duo’s long lost third sibling, initially set to be played by Tracy Morgan.

The original Twins was released in 1988 and followed the story of Vincent (DeVito) and Julius (Schwarzenegger), two unlikely twins who were separated at birth but come together later in life. The film was a massive success at the time, earning $216 million worldwide at the box office, and it quickly became a fan-favorite for years to come.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’
Forum | 3 hours ago

The Invisible Man 2 Update Given by Elisabeth Moss: ‘I Feel Very Good About It’

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update
Forum | 6 hours ago

Rebel Moon Part 3 Status Uncertain, Actor Shares Sequel Update

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone
Forum | 16 hours ago

The Curse Season 2 Update Given by Nathan Fielder and Emma Stone