Ray Stevenson Passes Away, RRR & Star Wars Actor Was 58

Forum 11 months ago

Ray Stevenson Passes Away, RRR & Star Wars Actor Was 58

Ray Stevenson, who has starred in movies like RRR and Punisher: War Zone, has passed away at the age of 58.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d50aa06f5552ed9eb2f68c10ba5d70aa.jpg

Stevenson’s agent told THR that the actor died on Sunday, May 21 — four days prior to his 59th birthday. According to Italian newspaper La Repubblica, the actor had been hospitalized on the island of Ischia during the production of the movie Cassino on Ischia.

Stevenson will star in the upcoming Disney+ Star Wars series Ahsoka, where he plays the role of one of the primary antagonists, the dark Force user Baylan Skoll. Production on Cassino on Ischia had just begun, in which Stevenson would have played an aging action movie star who goes to Italy to try to revitalize his career.

The actor had played the role of Volstagg in the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Thor movies, as well as the role of Frank Castle/The Punisher in 2008’s Punisher: War Zone. Another major role was that of Titus Pullo in the HBO series Rome, while more recently, he played the villainous governor Scott Buxton in RRR.

Stevenson leaves behind his wife Elisabetta Caraccia and his three children: Sebastiano, Leonardo, and Lodovico.

ComingSoon sends condolences to Stevenson’s family and friends at this time.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel
Forum | 3 days ago

Mortal Kombat 2 Star Teases Scorpion’s Return in the Live-Action Sequel

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me
Forum | 3 days ago

Charlie Day and Allison Williams to Star in Murder Mystery Movie Kill Me

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG
Forum | 4 days ago

Chris Pratt to Star in Way of The Warrior Kid Movie Adaptation Directed by McG