Vin Diesel: Female-Led Fast & Furious Spin-off Movie in Development

Forum 11 months ago

Vin Diesel: Female-Led Fast & Furious Spin-off Movie in Development

The world of Fast & Furious is growing. Vin Diesel recently said that a female-led Fast & Furious spin-off movie is currently in development.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/13e079b52ed1a474a167b7fd8a2375cf.jpg

What’s new on the Fast & Furious female spin-off movie?

Speaking to Variety at a recent Charlize Theron Africa Outreach Project (CTAOP) Block Party, Diesel said that a spin-off movie centered on the franchise’s women is in the works. Diesel went on to say that once the mainline films have concluded, he can “launch all the spin-offs.”

“I started developing the female spinoff…in 2017 with other spinoffs, and the sooner I deliver the finale, the sooner I can launch all the spinoffs,” Diesel said.

A female-led Fast & Furious spin-off movie has been in the works for years. As Diesel noted in his comments, talk of it began in 2017. In 2019, the star posted a photo to Instagram hinting that writers Nicole Perlman, Lindsey Beer, and Geneva Roberston-Dworet had joined the project after pitching him an idea on the movie.

It’s unclear if any of these writers are still involved with the project.

Recently, the 10th entry in the mainline Fast & Furious series, Fast X, debuted. A sequel to that film is set to release in 2025; a final, third film was also recently announced by Diesel, and will officially end the Fast & Furious franchise. Release information for that third film is unknown as now.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Alleged University of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught on Camera S3xually Harassing Female Student
Forum | 4 days ago

Alleged University of Port Harcourt Lecturer Caught on Camera S3xually Harassing Female Student

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount
Forum | 4 days ago

New Sleepy Hollow Movie in Development at Paramount

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla
Forum | 4 days ago

Tems Opened Doors Of Global Recognition For African Female Artists – Tyla

Female Musicians Should Support Each Other More – Singer, Rose May Alaba
Forum | 1 week ago

Female Musicians Should Support Each Other More – Singer, Rose May Alaba