Indiana Jones Shirtless Scene in Dial of Destiny Was Harrison Ford’s Idea

Forum 10 months ago

Indiana Jones Shirtless Scene in Dial of Destiny Was Harrison Ford’s Idea

In the upcoming Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny, Harrison Ford goes shirtless — a scene the actor claims was his idea when they filmed it.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/690326c33c436610edcdd72697487848.jpg

Speaking to Esquire, Ford revealed that an early scene in which Indy wakes up in his underwear was his idea. He mentioned that a big selling point on returning to the role of Indiana Jones was exploring an older Indiana Jones.

“Yeah. That’s why I wanted to do the movie. I wanted to know what happened to him and how he handled it. [Director James] Mangold and I worked closely together, on that scene especially,” said Ford. “Waking up in my underwear with the empty glass in my hand was my idea. I wanted to see Indiana Jones at a nadir point and rebuild him from the ground up.”

Ford’s comments on Jones’ change echo that of director James Mangold. Mangold has previously said the film would also explore a world changing around Jones — one that the legend might not recognize.

Who’s the Cast of Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny?

Indiana Jones and The Dial of Destiny is once again be led by Harrison Ford as he reprises the iconic titular explorer for the final time. Joining him are Golden Globe winner Phoebe Waller-Bridge as Helena Shaw, Antonio Banderas as Renaldo, Mads Mikkelsen as Jürgen Voller, Thomas Kretschmann as Colonel Weber, Boyd Holbrook as Klaber, Shaunette Renée Wilson as Mason, and Toby Jones as Basil Shaw, with the Fleabag creator set as the female lead. Franchise vet John Rhys-Davies is also returning as Sallah.

The long-awaited fifth and final installment is directed by Oscar nominee James Mangold (Logan) from a new screenplay he co-wrote with Jez and John-Henry Butterworth, who collaborated on Ford v Ferrari. Mangold took over the director’s chair after Steven Spielberg exited his directorial duties for the film. Despite his exit, Spielberg will still remain part of the film’s production as a producer.

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny is produced by Kathleen Kennedy, original franchise director Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall, and Simon Emanuel, with John Williams returning to score the film.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Bridget Jones 4: Hugh Grant Teases Sequel’s ‘Very Moving’ Plot
Forum | 3 days ago

Bridget Jones 4: Hugh Grant Teases Sequel’s ‘Very Moving’ Plot

Sunny Release Date Set for Apple’s Rashida Jones Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 week ago

Sunny Release Date Set for Apple’s Rashida Jones Dark Comedy

Oh What Fun Cast: Felicity Jones Joins Amazon’s Holiday Comedy Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Oh What Fun Cast: Felicity Jones Joins Amazon’s Holiday Comedy Movie

I
Forum | 1 week ago

I'm Not Scared - Destiny Etiko Reacts After Two Prophets Warned Her About Some Colleagues’ Plans To End Her Life