Aquaman 2 Wasn’t Affected ‘Too Much’ by The Flash’s DCU Reset

Forum 10 months ago

Aquaman 2 Wasn’t Affected ‘Too Much’ by The Flash’s DCU Reset

Aquaman 2 has not been affected very much by the events of The Flash.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e1079a9d98626b2bc5b7c3dfdd20da99.jpg

On June 16, the newest DC superhero movie, The Flash, arrives in theaters. This is a time travel film that is set to disrupt the events of the DC Extended Universe, with Michael Shannon’s Zod coming back to life after his death in 2013’s Man of Steel. Some have wondered if the events of this film will affect what we see in the upcoming movie Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom.

However, Aquaman 2 director James Wan has confirmed that it will not have a significant impact on the film.

“I’ve had to make adjustments all along the way. The DCU has been through lots of different versions, and one of the things that was challenging about this film was keeping track of what’s going on,” Wan told The Hollywood Reporter. “Fortunately, the Aquaman universe is pretty far removed from the rest of the world. We’re going to many different underwater kingdoms that are not necessarily related to what’s happening with the other movies and characters, so we’re stand-alone in that respect. So I can just tell my story on its own without being affected too much, but at the same time, I have to be mindful of what’s been happening.”

When is Aquaman 2 coming out?

aquaman 2 shazam release date

Aquaman 2 is set to release on December 20, 2023, by Warner Bros. Pictures. It stars Jason Momoa as Arthur Curry/Aquaman, who is forced to protect Atlantis from devastation after an ancient power is released. The film stars many returning cast members from the first film, including Momoa, Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Temeura Morrison, and Nicole Kidman.

The film was previously set to be released on December 16, 2022, before it was moved to March 17, 2023, then to December 25, 2023, before taking its current release date.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show
Forum | 8 hours ago

Creature Commandos Update Given by James Gunn for First DCU Show

Superman Cast: DCU Movie Finds Its Martha Kent
Forum | 4 days ago

Superman Cast: DCU Movie Finds Its Martha Kent

Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor
Forum | 5 days ago

Superman Cast Finds Pa Kent DCU Actor